MIDDLE SCHOOL (grades 6-8)
WCS provides an educational program which reveals Jesus, develops character, promotes a biblical world-view, builds community, and enables solid academic proficiency.
Along with traditional core academic subjects, students receive instruction in Spanish, Physical Education, Music, and Computer/Technology. The core subjects are interactive and interwoven with the absolute best that we can offer them to prepare them for their future.
Local public and private high schools have given accolades acknowledging how prepared our graduates are when they leave our program. Academically, WCS students excel in all areas and continually record above-average scores on annual achievement tests. The majority of our graduating 8th grade students post scores in the 75th-100th percentile in both reading and math.
BENEFITS OF WCS MIDDLE SCHOOL:
- Technology in the classrooms for the most efficient education in today’s society.
- Leadership Opportunities such as Student Council and ACSI Competitions (Music, Math, Creative Writing, Spelling Bee, Science Fair)
- Competitive Sports (see Athletics).
- Advanced Band and Choir (see Arts & Music).
- Engaging Elective Classes that change every quarter, including CSI Forensics, Aeronautics, Photography, Cooking/Baking, Movie Critique and more.
- Weekly chapel service and Biblical base in all curriculum.
- Interactive History Course (a curriculum designed to inspire and engage students in our History so they can better influence our tomorrow).
- Field Trips (there is much to be learned outside of the classroom).